Tom and Lou Church started their Ford auto dealership in 1911 and operated the business from the Elevator which they purchased from Sam Martindale in 1908. They bought what was known as the Cronin Building, which later housed Standard Coil and Adams Electronics, and moved the dealership to that location in 1917. In time they sold both cars and tractors. When fire destroyed much of the east half of the building in the early 1950's, the business was relocated east of town. Eventually, Bud Stickels and then Ben Fogelsong became owners of the Ford dealership. We have a lot of history and photos on the above building. It was one of Bangor's oldest landmarks. The west half of the structure was destroyed by fire in the late 1990's.