Glen Rogers was one of a long stream of drugstore owners who occupied the east half of Miller's Hardware store. He purchased the business from Grover Cook in 1939. The ice cream fountain and cold drinks were an attraction to the young people of the community through the 1940's. Rogers Drugstore became a local hangout. The above photo shows Mr. and Mrs. Rogers on the left. Richard Dunkelberger, Mabel Waite and Paul Dunkelberger are the other hands behind the counter. This picture was taken after a record 527 banana splits were sold from the counter on one Saturday. The Rogers sold out to Frances McCabe in 1949 and the drugstore remained a popular hangout for Bangor's young people.