Bert Cole established his restaurant in the building next to Sherrod's store in 1926. The trade mark for "Coles Coffee Cup" was the giant fern that adorned the front window. The plant was occasionally placed outside the door to welcome patrons. Mr. Cole sold out in 1946 to Mrs. H. Phillips. The restaurant eventually became known as the "Copper Kettle." This building is now part of the Antique Mall. It is one of the oldest, if not the oldest building in Bangor. It dates back to the early 1870's. The building can be seen in the photo in the "What We Want" section, under "Oldest Photo of Bangor - Sherrod." It is the store to the right of the tallest building in the picture.