This photo is looking north down Railroad St. from a point just south of Monroe St. and dates to sometime between 1905 and 1910. The Sebring Hotel is the white building with the porches. The Corner Drugstore is on the extreme left (Great Lakes Restaurant). The Bangor Elevator is on the extreme right. The depot can be seen in the background to the left of the railcar. The small building in the foreground is the crossing guardhouse. It was placed there in 1904 after the village became concerned with so many near misses with speeding trains through town. Ed Knapp was chosen as the first flagman.