In August of 1912, a torrential rain storm dumped several inches of water on the community over a number of days.  Roads were washed out and several people lost their lives when they were swept away in overflowing raging creeks and streams.  The carp pond was located on Cemetery Road just to the east and right next to what is now known as the old Du-Wel factory.  The rain flooded the pond and totally washed out the road.  The old water tower and smoke stack from the powerhouse can be seen in the background. 


The above photo is looking east on Arlington Street from the bridge over Maple Creek.  The current public works building and fire department would be on the right side of the road just past the water line. 


The above photo is looking at the Alexander Street bridge over Maple Creek.  The view is to the northwest.