This is a photo of the original log pylon railroad bridge over Maple Creek and Arlington Street on the southwest side of town. In the spring of 1891, the railroad started hauling as many as forty carloads of landfill per day to this site. (There is a big question as to the amount of fill in a carload.) The goal was to create a land bridge for the train tracks. Over the years the old trestle was repaired several times. In 1915 it was completely removed and a new steel girder via dock was placed over Arlington Street and a cement culvert over Maple Creek. Today, trains still pass over this big improvement. Etched in the culvert over the creek is the date 1915. The house seen over the top of the bridge to the left still remains on the northeast corner of Arlington St. and Alexander St.