Charles and Emil Emmert purchased the dray and transfer business of Clarence Thomas in the spring of 1919 and became known as Emmert Brothers. Eventually, Charles bought out his brother and ran the company as Charles Emmert Transfer. In 1937, Mr. Emmert purchased lots on Pine St. to build a terminal for his trucking company, the above building being the final result. Notice the checker board appearance of the walls. They were mostly all used blocks. In fact, almost the entire structure was of recycled materials. Our upcoming book will disclosed where the building came from. In the above picture, Mr. Emmert is seated in the car and the man standing next to him might be Murray Hurlbut.